There are fans and then there are "fans". We all know these situations when a dickhead (WARNING, this article reeks with insults and offensive language) pretends to be a Harry Potter fan and then says something like "I loved Hermione's pink dress" or "Who is Winky?"
So here are 10 things any Harry Potter fan will be bugged out about.
1) When a "fan" talks about Harry Potter 8. There are only SEVEN parts even though there were eight movies because the last one was split in two, any true fan would know that.
2) A "fan" saying something like "I love Harry Potter but I only watched the movies." YOU ARE NOT A TRUE HARRY POTTER FAN IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOKS AT LEAST FIVE TIMES EACH!
3) The fact that Hemione's dress in the film was pink even though it is described as blue in the books and pink isn't really a Hermione colour. Was it that impossible to get any blue fabric from anywhere?
4) The fact that the cool conventions, theme parks and Potter stores open EVERYWHERE but in your vicinity and this sting you feel when a "fan" gets to visit a great theme park before you, simply because they LIVE THERE.
5) If someone says Harry Potter is unrealistic. Dude, it's a book on magic, no one thinks it's real, idiot. Go and buy some imagination because you are totally lacking it.
6) If someone says Harry Potter is just a children's book. No, it is so much more, it is the greatest book and anyone lacking the ability to see that is to be blamed themselves.
7) The fact that Harry Potter and the Cursed Child was not the dream we hoped it would be. OK, this is a really subjective one. I liked it, but I didn't love it and I would have loved to love it. However, what - as a hardcore fan - even annoys me more is the ton of "fans" who think they can dictate Jo what she should write and what she shouldn't. Personally, I couldn't hate anything she writes or says on HP because she is the creator and knows best.
8) When people refer to your Harry Potter collectibles as "toys". Damn, I spent hundreds of euros on these things and I LOVE them. Also, when people say whether you shouldn't spend your money on more sensible things. Like what? Computer games and designer clothes like you? No thanks...
9) When people start comparing Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. They have NOTHING in common and are two separate stories, so why would you constantly compare them? None of them is better than the other (only Harry Potter is) and whoever likes which story better is up to you. I hate full-of-themselves LotR fans who think they are more mature because they deem LotR superior to HP because it is "just a children's book"...there is room for both, people, no need to compare...
10) When you walk into a room and have so many HP references to share and you have no one who will get them or share your mania with you...we need more HP fans in the world, so get the message out (btw, I saw a girl today holding a Harry Potter book (4) and I was so close to walking up to her and asking where exactly she was and whether she liked it (but it seemed psychotic in the end, so I didn't do it.)).